Butch Jackson is well known around Hubbard City for having a memory that rarely forgets things of consequence, and many times things of lttle to no consequence. Butch helps all the folks at the Hubbard City Cafe remember things much to the dismay of the Progressive Elites who take their coffee at the Drug Store. It seems these Elite Spin Doctors hope that the folks are so busy watching Opra , NASCAR, and Katie Couric on the 6 o'clock news that we will forget little things that could become big things.
Well, Butch made a short list, short for Butch anyway, in answering a question from Billy Roy, "Just what things should we be remembering?"
1. Don't forget to watch this "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" thing in the Military. Just last Thursday, Sen. Roland Burris (D-Ill., remember he replaced Obama) complicated matters for Democrats by offering language that would draft the military into the war on the unborn. By a 15-12 vote, the Senate Armed Forces Committee agreed to an amendment that would lift the ban on abortions in all military facilities. As it stands, the Department of Defense is forbidden from performing abortions -- with exceptions for rape, incest, or the health of the mother. If the Burris language survives, some of the military's biggest civilian casualties will be the unborn. Medical facilities would turn into abortion clinics funded entirely by U.S. taxpayers. When old Wild Bill Clinton allowed military abortions back in 1993, doctors refused to perform them. Ultimately, the administration had to hire civilians to do the job.
(With Americans more pro-life than ever, it will be difficult to find men and women willing to destroy the next generation of U.S. soldiers. The military was meant to combat terrorism -- not perpetrate it against the unborn. Contact your Senators at 202-224-3121 and tell them to stop passing the President's liberal social agenda on the backs of American troops.)
2. Don't forget the corruption of the Joe Sestak/Arlen Spector affair even though they announced it the Friday before the Memorial Weekend. (This week Democratic Colorado Senate candidate Andrew Romanoff finally admitted they "dangled" jobs in front of him the if he would drop out of a race, in Chicago many of Obama's goons, that being Emunuel and Valerie Jarret, are being summoned to testify in "Rod" Blagojevich trial, and don't let them give you that 'Politics as usual' crap).
3. Don't forget Obama promised unemployment would not exceed 8% if we would only approve his stimulus plan. (Just this week unemployment 'dipped' to 9.7% and many folks have given up looking. Obama added the bailouts of banks and auto companies to his stimulus spending spree not to mention health care driving our deficit up to $13 Trillion. The guy lies like a hungry bird dog offering to guard your hen house.)
4. Don't forget the big things like our country was founded on the rule of our Judeo Christian God's law, that being the "ten commandments". (We are one nation under God. That is the way it is. If you don't like it tough shit).
5. Don't forget Obama and crew had not read the Arizona Illegal Immigration Bill and opposed it anyway. (At the current rate of illegal immigration Obama will be front and center leading the nation in the year 2013 as our country celebrates White History Month).
Billy Roy summed it up, "They don't give us normal folks much credit do they?"
Think about it and don't forget even the little things,