Hubbard City being somewhat rural has folks that are expert at separating bullshit from horseshit. I am told that bullshit is mostly just putting a little hair on a story with some degree of exaggeration. On the other hand horseshit is pretty much understood to be something that is completely false and ridiculous by its very nature. The folks at the Cafe used to have fun debating whether Obama was bullshiting a little or shoveling complete horseshit. It appears as Obama has his back against the wall in all areas of governance that he is totally shoveling his excrement to bolster his standings with what some call "his base". That would be the collective group the Cafe folks call the stupid, the corrupt, and the unexplainable (Obama backers who defy all logic).
How about some examples:
1. Try this one. BHO came out this week to add what he calls the "Buffett Rule" to his American Jobs Plan. Basically this plan would increase taxes on those making $1 Million annually to a rate of 35% (the highest rate on ordinary income). This basically means those investors who risk their money in startup companies and equities would lose their Long Term Capital Gains rate of 15%. The rate was set lower than normal income to encourage investment and to create jobs. And of course the wealthier the investor, the larger the investments, and the more jobs created. Some argue the rate should go to 0% to stimulate more investment. The Obama/Buffett plan would drive investors out of the risky business of investing in new technologies and companies, and in doing so to create jobs. This is a huge job killer, and Obama even knows this. He also knows this plan will never pass through congress and see the light of day. It is simply a huge load of horseshit that will let Obama claim that even rich people like Buffett think they should "share in the sacrifice" with the middle class and poor. He will say the Tea Party killed his plan because they want to protect their millionaires and billionaires. The stupid, corrupt, and unexplainable (people like Warren Buffett) will love this horseshit. (Seriously, Warren's family needs to have this 81 year old checked out. He and Bill Gates have their Billions tucked away in tax free trust funds and want to lecture regular folks about "shared sacrifice"? Meanwhile, Buffett's company, Berkshire Hathaway, has been negotiating with the IRS over $1 Billion that Buffett owes in back taxes for most of the last decade. The Buffett Rule looks like one of those "don't do as I do, do as I say things". We may have to move Buffett from the unexplainable to the corrupt column. Only in Obama's America, huh?)
Obama also sneaked a little $1.1 Trillion item into his debt reduction plan. What was it? It was his estimate of the savings of his troop pull outs around the world. And of course, these pullouts have already been baked into our budget projections, but a little Obama double counting is trivial compared to his other devious tricks. After all as the elite tell us, all politicians do it, right?
2. In his address to the joint session of Congress last week, President Barack Obama called for $477 billion in new federal spending, which he said would give hundreds of thousands of disadvantaged young people hope and dignity while giving their low-income parents “ladders out of poverty.” And last week, the U.S. Census released its annual poverty report, which declared that 46.2 million persons, or roughly one in seven Americans, were poor in 2010. What the Obamas didn’t tell America as he was pleading for more spending–and what Obama's Census Bureau didn’t report–is that poverty has been redefined in America.
In the old days poverty was about the destitute conditions of homelessness and hunger. Not today. The following are facts about persons defined as “poor” by the Census Bureau:
•80 percent of poor households have air conditioning
•Nearly three-fourths have a car or truck, and 31 percent have two or more cars or trucks
•Nearly two-thirds have cable or satellite television
•Two-thirds have at least one DVD player and 70 percent have a VCR
•Half have a personal computer, and one in seven have two or more computers
•More than half of poor families with children have a video game system, such as an Xbox or PlayStation
•43 percent have Internet access
•One-third have a wide-screen plasma or LCD television
•One-fourth have a digital video recorder system, such as a TiVo
As for hunger and homelessness 2009 statistics from the U.S. Department of Agriculture showing that 96 percent of poor parents stated that their children were never hungry at any time during the year because they could not afford food (in fact the emphasis is now on nutrition because the poor are overweight), 83 percent of poor families reported having enough food to eat (Michelle says they have too much), and over the course of a year, only 4 percent of poor persons become temporarily homeless, with 42 percent of poor households actually owning their own homes. Want an international comparison? The average poor American has more living space than the average Swede or German.
Since LBJ's War on Poverty the federal government has spent Billions in welfare, food stamps, and housing projects which resulted in only encouraging the collapse of marriage and the erosion of the work ethic which are clearly the principal long-term causes of poverty. In order to truly benefit the poor, welfare policy must require able-bodied recipients to work or prepare for work as a condition of receiving aid. And it should strengthen marriage in low-income communities, rather than ignore and penalize it. The Obamas hate these basic truths. They just change the definition of poverty, claim it is getting worse, and the only solution is for the federal government to give more handouts. The stupid, corrupt, and unexplainable love this bullshit.
3. Isolated cases of complete horseshit? Hardly! How about the "Green Jobs" program which was the centerpiece of the Obama Stimulation Plan #1 (almost $1 Trillion). To date it looks like green jobs that were created to date costs over $1 Million per job. It also appears that companies (Solyndra and others) that produce solar devices that cost $6 per device shouldn't be sold for $3 even when the government in providing taxpayer funding. And we blame the Chinese! We should give them all of our solar losers. And Algore? He is working one day a week for a London based company that is a total scam having raised $5 Billion from mostly European governments to end global warming. Usually the management if these funds get all expenses paid and take a carried interest of 20% (that would be a cool $1 Billion). This week the biggest single reason given for Spain's economic collapse was that they had "overspent" on their green energy programs. The bullshit of "Green Jobs" was that global warming is man caused. The horseshit was that the federal government would solve global warming while creating real permanent jobs while eliminating the need for fossil fuels. Green anything is the favorite of favorites of the the stupid, the corrupt, and the unexplainable. When I think of green I think of spinach, broccoli, and other means of torture.
4. Need more current examples? The Obamas attempted to get a 4 Star General to bullshit under oath a congressional hearing (perjury) to assist an Obama donor with his technically flawed Billion Dollar government 4G communications scam. If the General wasn't an honest man, the military's communications systems could have been severely jeopardized which rates at the horseshit level. Stupid, corrupt, and unexplainables hate honest military leaders. They get in their way.
5. Lastly, the Obamas constantly bullshit the American public about the danger of not giving the government more control over firearms (every Communist country knows it must control firearm ownership). When the Justice Department, at the Attorney General level, implements a scheme to illegally buy heavy duty weapons and provide them to Mexican Drug Cartels to attempt to create situations you could use to argue for more gun control that is big time horseshit. Interesting that it was the legal gun outlets that blew the whistle on the feds. The stupid don't think they need guns. The corrupt will always have guns no matter what. The unexplainable folks just aren't into the "gun thing".
Bottom line, the Obamas are so desperate they just don't have the time to waste bullshiting the 60% of American voters that are intelligent, honest, and legal. So it looks like every Obama initiative between now and November, 2012 will be complete horseshit and can be filed in the "INSANITY" folder (like the Buffett Rule).
Think about it,